Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mines of Moria

I would like to begin by explaining my reasons for starting this blog. On one hand, it was due to seeing some blogs from my "homies" Lily and Kejia, so I thought I would give it a go too, why not? But on the other hand, it was because of a recent encounter. You see, recently, I had been hit in the face by the iron fist of reality. The emotional impact of the blow sent me flying at full speed and hitting the concrete wall; shattering my bones and sending a strange feeling up my spine and making my head hurt. During the shock treatment that was part of the recovery I realised that my distant future that I had to use binoculars to see just not so long ago is in fact no longer distant, but in fact it is just around the corner in that dark long and smoky alley. My future is a stranger waiting for me in that dark alley and I can feel its dooming presence and smell its distinctive stench. It came to me that in order to light up this dark alley and make that starnger freindly and maybe even smile I must take matters into my own hands. That is why, frantically, I am attempting to squeeze as much as possible experiences and education into these last one and a half years of school. Holding on to that thought, an aspiring career in jouranalism looks very appealing, and writing rants such as this will be useful as well as listening to the news on the radio. May I recommend Deutsche Velle, an amazing radio station that streams live on the internet in 25 different laguages disscussing anything and everything from politics to popular music culture. I think I will do that now. Tata!

No comments: